Courses // Kurzusok
Information about my courses during each particular semester available in the institutional course systems. // Az aktuális kurzusok tekintetében az adott félévre vonatkozó tanrendből lehet tájékozódni.
Office hours (USZ) // Fogadóóra (SZTE)
TBA // Hamarosan…
Iroda: Petőfi ép. 119.
Theses agenda // Szakdolgozatok
I supervise theses on various issues in film theory, especially psychoanalytic film theory, film adaptation, genre theory, but also on certain aspects of US film history. I also accept thesis proposals on digital theory and culture, contemporary visual culture, contemporary US narratives and US television series.
Thesis writers should note that one month into the active semester (end of September / end of February) they should send me their 2000-word draft that includes the hypothesis, research question and the gist of argumentation. No later than two weeks prior to the submission deadline (usually it should be November 15 / April 15) the thesis should be completely ready, this is the final deadline for me to read and comment on the last version – later submissions for comment and advice will not be processed.
If you are interested in my advice to thesis writers, check out my book, A Practical Guide to Writing a Successful Thesis in the Humanities »
- Digital Theory: The Language of New Media
- Digitized Culture
- Film Theories
- Contemporary Visual Culture: From the Camera Obscura to the Digital Age
- Film Adaptation: Drama to Film (or Tennessee Williams Goes to Hollywood)
- American Cinema/American Culture
- Film & Genre
- British & American Cinema – Histories and Industries
- Narrative Strategies in Contemporary American Fiction
- A tömegfilm esztétikája
- Narrative Spaces in Contemporary American Fiction
- Film Noir and the American Film
- A szemiotika alapjai
- Writing Skills
- On and Off the Road: Narrative Spaces in Contemporary American Fiction